Top fan badges are the new gold in the social media circles. Page administrators and content creators are utilizing this tool to reward their most loyal, most active followers.
In the past, only select Facebook pages with large following have this feature. But then, this was rolled out to other pages as well, as long that that page have enough followers who are active.
According to Facebook, followers can become eligible for a top fan badge on the Page by being one of the most active people on that Page. This can include liking or reacting to content, and commenting on or sharing posts.
It added that when interacting with the Page’s content, those who qualify for and then accept top fan badges will have a badge next to their name.
These Top Fans will also be publicly visible on a top fans list on the Community tab of that Facebook Page.
Share Only To Top Fans
Page admins can share a post with only the top fans. All of the current top fans will see something posted for the top fans audience.
When somebody loses top fan status or the Page admin removed their top fan badges, they will not see anything shared to the top fans.
So, How Do You Turn The Badge On?
To become eligible to a top fan badge of a specific Page, be the most active person on that Page. That include watching the Page’s videos and/or liking or reacting to its content, and by commenting on or sharing its posts.
Once you finally acquired the top fan badge, it will appear next to your name when you interact with that specific Page.
Most importantly, you’ll need to tap “Display Top Fan Badge” for it to start appearing next to your name on comments.
Facebook said that if you’ve the top fan badge, keep in mind:
- Interactions with the Page include posts you make that mention it, comments on the Page or profile posts, and private messages you send.
- You will appear on the Community tab of a Page as one of its top fans.
- The top fan badge will also appear on all past interactions with the Page that you are a top fan of.
- If you later choose not to show the badge, it’ll be removed from all interactions where it once appeared. It may take some time for the changes to take effect.
- Top fans are updated weekly, so it’s possible to lose your badge and top fan status.
- The Page’s admins can choose to remove individual top fan badges, or turn off top fan badges for their Page. If this happens, you will lose your badge.
So there you have it. The only way for you acquire the most coveted Top Fan Badge is by being one of the most active follower of a specific page.
And since the Top Fans gets updated weekly, there is a chance that you’ll lose it after a week.